Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving Break!

So, this week I only had to go to school on Monday, and that was IT. You'd think that I would be so productive with nothing to do all week, but I hardly touched my homework... oops. However, I am almost done with my practice test for Accounting if that counts for anything.

Sunday I went to church and Heather came too! I also had tithing settlement. I just wanna say that I have the best Bishop in the whole world. At the end of the interview, he asked if we could end with a word of prayer, and he prayed for everything that could possibly be an issue in my life. It was honestly one of the nicest things anyone has done for me.

That night I went to a crepes party at Nate's house. They always end up drawing quite a crowd and bringing people I know randomly together, so it turned out fun.

Unrelated, but Monday my back hurt SO bad. I didn't know why, but I did manage to get about half of my FHE brothers to try to rub it out, so I considered it a successful evening. Haha. We finger painted cards and brought them to the nursing home. Then me and the RS presidency had a meeting and went to Starbucks for hot chocolate/ caramel apple cider, and drove around. It was so fun, I love those girls to death. Then we went over the Chris and Brent's apartment to watch a movie, which was fun until I was thrown to the floor and kicked randomly. Thank you Brent :)

Tuesday I went to the BYU basketball game where we owned 107-51. Then I went to Inn-and-Out for the first time in my life. I thought it was good, but nothing could really live up to the hype. Then I went back to my apartment to find my Tashi, Tasha, Rico, Katelyn, Kali, Kellen, and Kayla all eating French toast and bacon and all sorts of yummy breakfast foods around the table. Apparently they had an impromptu party. Then we went to visit Rico's crew at the hot tub, and listened to a girl play the piano in the clubhouse while Tasha waited her turn. Then Tashi realized that some of her friends were in the hot tub, so we went to visit them. They invited us back to their house to watch So you think you can dance! So we did, and then we went to this party at someone's house, except it was pretty much over once we go there, so me, Tasha, and Kaleigh went hot tubbing, where we were asked really awkward questions to pass the time. But it was fun.

Side note: that night, before Kaleigh came out with us, she had kind of a funny experience. She got a text from a guy named Kelly in the ward, who was her awkward home teacher. She thought it was me. So the conversation went like this:
"Hey what are you doing tonight?"
"Oh hey girl! Nothing I just got off work!"
"This is Kelly Johnson.*name changed* Wanna watch a movie??" (In her head this didn't register, and she still thought it was me)
"Yeah we can watch a movie I'll be home in five minutes come over!"
So he came over and she was sitting on her laptop. She told Tasha and Tashi that I was coming over, so they were all expecting a girls movie night. He came and sat on the couch, and she realized, as she surfed facebook, that my name was really Kelly Connor. So then she was like "Who the crap is Kelly Johnson?!?!?!"
"... That's me!" he said. So that was embarrassing for both parties I'm sure, but he still stayed to watch a movie, and we came in the middle to interrupt before going to the hot tub.

I should also mention that the reason my name popped up so quickly was because my darling FHE brother, Kellen, changed my status to engaged on Facebook. That lead to an interesting evening of phone calls and texts and comments all over my life.

Wednesday I slept mostly because I got home at 5 from hot tubbing and talking to the girls for an hour or so. Then I packed and Heather and I drove with Tashi to Colorado. It was about a 3 1/2 hour drive, and we were supposed to start at 5, but then everything bad that could have happened did happen. First, we went to pick up Myles, her brother in law. Then, we went to get her brother, Scott, who we were caravaning with. He had locked his keys in the car, so Heather and I called AAA and they came to get them out. In the meantime, we sweet-talked the guy in the clubhouse so he let us girls stay in there until the boys came and he let us into Scott's apartment (those keys were locked in the car too). Then we decided that it was late enough that we could caravan with her other brother and his wife and 2 daughters, who were 1 and 2, and 15 months apart just like me and Heather. They were still rushing around packing things, and so we finally got out the door at 7:30, and out of the gas station at 8, because they forgot about everything at their house as it turns out, so we just waited. on the car ride, we talked about what any group of girls talks about when they get together: boys. It was so fun.

We finally arrived around midnight. We all three squeezed on an air mattress, and then woke up to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. Then we ate dinner, napped, and went to the park. We played Catchphrase until it was time to go. Their family was so sweet and hospitable the whole time, I honestly loved it. I'm so glad Tashi offered to have us come. On the way back we talked more, and ended up getting home about a half hour early thanks to Tashi's speedometer not working :)

That night, Heather was sleeping over, but Jared started talking to me on Facebook and said Tashi was over and would I like to watch So you think you can dance? And I did, so I did.

Then Friday, this random guy who friended me on Facebook who I assumed I must know because we had five friends in common but ended up not knowing (apparently I was in a snowboarding ad for Sundance and he wanted someone to go with) invited me to go to the basketball game with him. I didn't wanna go alone, so I found out Mike was going, and invited Tasha and Jared, so we all went, and he ended up having to babysit his brother's kids anyway, so all the planning was unnecessary. We won, by the way, even though for a little bit I was worried. Then Natasha, Jared, and I went to get free Magleby's because it's free if the Cougs score 80 or higher, and visited Winnie at work. She and Christine were there, and they were closed, but they still let us in and gave us random free food which was nice. Then we went back to Jared's apartment, and Duran was there. He suggested o go watch Twilight, and so we did. It was soo over the top mushy I couldn't believe it. Jared hated it, he was sitting next to me and he couldn't watch half the time. Jacob was looking mighty fine though, I must say. He was for sure the highlight of the movie.

And now, I'm blogging and getting ready to go to the BYU vs. Utah game!!! I'm so excited and worried. Hopefully we'll win! Go Cougs!!


No comments:

Post a Comment