Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Goodbye Sister Connor!


My sister Nicole (3rd in our family) just left on her mission to Everett Washington! She flew out to Utah from Maryland Monday, December 16. Dahl and I drove up that night to Salt Lake to meet her, my sister Heather and her husband Stephen, my sister Julie, my friend Amy, and her fiance Brooks for the Christmas Sing Along at Energy Solutions Arena. I am certifiably obsessed with this event. I love love love Christmas songs, and when you put a bunch of people (including Santa and live performers) in an auditorium to sing them with me, I am a very happy camper. Throw in the fact that it is free and that you get free doughnuts and tickets to future events, and I am pretty much in heaven at this thing. I drag Dahl to it every year (he likes it, just not quite as much as I do- but then again, I don't know if anyone does). We were all terribly late, but it was still fun. Afterwards, there was a mis-communication, so Heather, Stephen, Nicole and Julie went to Temple Square and took some pictures, while Dahl dropped me off at Costa Vida with Amy and Brooks (he had to go home and study- finals week!).


Pretty sisters :)


The next day, Heather took Nicole and Julie to school with her to help teach her class. That night, we went out to Awful Waffle.



You can write on the tables with chalk, so Nicole wrote this!

We went back to my house and made some treats. I recorded Nicole making a Christmas message for the rest of the family. It was quite the experience... Nicole is so hilarious and silly!
We also made this gem of a movie. I want to say I was not going to post this, because it is possibly the most embarrassing thing that I have ever done, BUT Heather and Julie both said that I freaking absolutely must post it, so here it is. Try not to judge us... we're total dorks. The story behind this video is this. Nicole loves Despicable Me, most especially the minions. This video shows what we are re-enacting here. Nicole insisted we do this while we were all together. So we did.
This first video is the aftermath of Heather trying to show Nicole how to fake hit her with a hardback book. Except Heather actually did hit her... very hard... in the face (accidentally). And Nicole started bawling. And the rest of us started laughing so hard we were crying. If you were there, you would know how absolutely hilarious it was. My tummy hurt from laughing so hard! If you can't understand anything being said in this video, you are not alone. We sound like complete idiots. 



And here is the best version we got. I think this was our 3rd try. Dahl was super nice and patient with our crazy selves :)



.... Yeah. Again, try not to judge us too much. This is the first time we had all been together since Christmas 2012 and sisters can get pretty goofy :)

Then, it was finally time to drop Nicole off! Sister Gordon drove us to the MTC (thanks!). She stopped by the Provo Temple so we could take a couple more photos: 



And then we were suddenly there at the MTC! A sister missionary greeted us, helped get some things for Nicole, and said she could take pictures and give us a couple minutes. After lots of hugs (and some kisses too), she was finally on her way!


Goodbye Sister Connor! Learn lots on your fun adventure! We love you!

1 comment:

  1. Daughters are the BEST! Thanks for sending her off knowing that she's so well loved!

    ReplyDelete