Saturday, November 14, 2009

You know how when you think the semester will get easier, and then it doesn't?

That's exactly what's happening in my life. Every single time I decide that it'll all be smooth sailing after _____, I am completely incorrect. Which is why I am sooo glad that in a month it'll all be over. This week was pretty stressful until Wednesday, and then it slowed down considerably. I wish that the work load would just even out, because when I do have time to relax I feel like I'm spending the whole time just trying to recover.

On Monday and Wednesday I did Bikini Body workout, Monday with Kellen, Chris, and Weston, but they quit pretty early, and Wednesday with just Kellen and Griffin, who stuck it out. It was fun. I think boys doing bikini body is pretty ridiculously entertaining.

So this week I went on two dates. One was Thursday night with a guy who used to teach me social dance. So he's been asking me out for awhile now, and I've never been able to... I mean I probably could have if I really wanted to but anyway, I saw him randomly on Monday and that night he texted me (yes, texted, I know it's against the rules) and said something to the effect of "You took me off- guard today, you looked beautiful, I'd ask you out for the weekend but I have to work so how about sometimes this week?"

So I went to my roomies and explained the situation and they said I should just go, this way it would be small instead of a weekend date, which would be big. So I said okay, and he said how about a late night dessert? And I said ok sounds good... and then he said okay, 8? And I was like oh... when you said late night, I thought it'd be later... so he said 10? and I said oh it doesn't matter I was just surprised. But then I realized The Office was on at 8, so I made sure that it was at 10. Because I don't miss the office for textually- scheduled dates. No sir.

So for some reason I really didn't wanna go when the time came, you know how sometimes you just feel like hurling when sitting at home on the couch is not an option anymore? But, I sucked it up and went, and it actually was fine. We went to Sammy's which is so cute, so that was fun.

Then, on Friday I went on a date with Jason. He was an intern in DC so we sometimes went to his ward. I randomly ran into him on Monday as well, and pretty much 10 seconds after I texted my dance teacher back about the date on Thursday, Jason called me. He asked me how accounting was going and if I would go out with him on Friday. We went to this murder mystery thing at the Spring Haven Lodge, which, by the way, is sooo cool! It's a beautiful cabin.

Basically what happened was we went there and they gave us name tags and drinks and we mingled with the cast. The story goes that this old man who owned the house changed his will a week before, and just barely died. He invited his entire extended family to come to the reading of his will, and so we just talked to the cast about the strange circumstances of his death, who they think should get the estate, and so on. Then they read the will, and the man who got all the money was a complete jerk who was engaged to a maid and dating the daughter of the high society family who expected to receive the large inheritance. Then he was mysteriously killed, the man who owned the estate in the first place came back and was like it was all pretend, I didn't die, but you killed someone! And then we listened to some of the characters being interrogated, and then met as groups to decide who done it. It was pretty entertaining, the acting was very good, and the whole atmosphere was just fun and mysterious. Jason got sooo into it, and kept noticing new clues and stuff, and I contributed my thoughts too, although I was not as interested in playing detective as I was in the food and socializing. Anyway, it was a cool date, I'd recommend it to anyone.

That day, something else really random happened. I was sitting there in the Cougareat with Carla after Heather and Lisa and Winnie had left me after the former two and I had practiced ASL for an hour. She asked what I was doing, and I said the murder mystery, and here, I'll show you a flyer hold on I'll run and get one. When I was walking back, I saw this guy standing at the table talking to her. I was like, "Oh he's cute, I wonder who he is?" and then when I sat back down he said, "Oh, you're back! I know you! Do you know me?" I didn't. Well, at least I didn't think I did. "Maybe...?" So we started going through where we were from, EFYs, places we've visited, where we lived, on down the line, and nothing came up. We didn't even have any friends in common on Facebook. His cute sister was there, and she made it more relaxed by teasing him about how he never knew me and how he just wanted to get my number, which of course, had crossed my mind. He was adamant that we had met before, and my name clicked with my face and he knewwww he had hung out with me before. Apparently he just moved here a few months though, and he never went here, and he is already graduated from an AZ school and applying to medical school. He served his mission in Dominican Republic, he's from AZ, and he might have passed through MD, but he doesn't know. So we're pretty lost. He got my number though, and I friended him on Facebook, so I guess we will see.

Anyway, I guess I should do my homework.

Love, me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment