Thursday, May 31, 2012

Dance Date!


This Wednesday I planned a dance- themed date!! :)

Now, I have NEVER considered myself much of a dancer. But, I have always thought dancing was fun. I took several dance classes at BYU just because I liked them. Heather (my sister) was always better than me, but I made out alright. I asked Dahl to take a dance class while we were dating so I could dance with him, and he did, but it wasn't his favorite. He does, however, like to dance with me, and demonstrates it by grabbing me and breaking into spontaneous dance randomly and with great gusto.
SO, I decided to try it!

This is what his invite looked like:

You are invited to an evening of dance with your favorite dance partner of all time, ME.
5:00:
I challenge you to a Just Dance competition! Winner gets to pick the dance movie we are going to watch!!




This is the one we picked!!




6:00-6:30: Let's let the fire do the dancing and grill up some dinner!!


6:30-8:30: Watch a dance movie. Options: Footloose, Step Up, Dirty Dancing... Anything dance- themed :)

8:30-9:00: Drive to the dance at "The Center"!

9:00-9:30: Dancing lessons!


9:30- Whenever: Dancing!!!

I think the game Just Dance is SO FUN!! Dahl and I had a great time competing, and he actually beat me once! But I won the rest of the times :) He even humored me and let me do a Britney Spears song. What a guy!!


Speaking of what a guy, look at this grilling man!! It was pretty fun letting the fire do the dancing :)



Dahl is literally the best griller EVER!  Does that not look amazing?!



At "The Center" (in Provo if you live in Utah) you can pay $4/ person if you get there before 9:30 ($6/ person after that), and you can get dance lessons for the 1st half hour you're there (9-9:30), so we got a couple of lessons first. They moved SUPER fast, so we mostly just had fun doing our own moves, and I taught Dahl some things I remembered from my country dancing class from about 3 years ago. We also ran into our old friend, Jaren, and he taught us a few tricks, too!! We DEFINITELY want to go again, the atmosphere is so fun!! We decided next time we will learn a few more moves before we go, and I found a video on Netflix that teaches basic country dancing, so we are excited to try that out, too!



Us at "The Center"- don't we look country in our plaid??

This is a way fun date that you can do even if you don't have a place that offers cheap dance lessons! If you look around, there are generally some places that offer group lessons for a small fee, and some even offer private lessons with appointments for a larger fee if you want to get more intense about it. Another fun alternative is going to a concert and just dancing there (summer concerts on the grass are the BEST for this-- the last picture in this post is from one such concert )! You could even find Youtube videos and learn from those if you want to make it cheaper and stay at home! If you don't have Just Dance, you can play a similar game like Dance Dance Revolution, or you don't have a Wii or Kinnect, do a Zumba workout video together.




Another fun thing I recently did that follows the dance theme is I decorated our room like a dance to surprise Dahl! I added some Christmas lights and moved around the furniture to clear out a dance area, and we had a little dance party to our favorite Pandora playlists. It was so fun, and we had a great time dancing the night away!!

It looked kind of like this! (source)

Dancing is such a fun and romantic thing to include in dating! Dahl and I definitely want to do it more often now!!


Not from this dance date, but I love this picture! He's my favorite dance partner ever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment