I have never considered myself a morning person. When I used to wake up for seminary in High School. I would set my alarm for 5:43, roll out of bed, and run across the street to get there on time at 5:45 so as not to waste a moment of sleep. The getting up is the hard part for me. However, once I am up, I can act like I am very awake if I want to. I remember talking to Philip and Heather CONSTANTLY all seminary. I honestly don't know how I had so much to talk about, but I guess I did.
How cute is this picture???
Anyway, the point is, I still put off waking up as long as possible. Waking up and going to work is just about the last thing I EVER want to do. But once I do, I actually quite enjoy my mornings, especially now that I share them with Dahl. I don't think Dahl thinks he's really much of a morning person, either, but I still love our mornings. Our normal routine goes something like this:
- 6:45- Dahl's alarm goes off. He decides that is the alarm for "cuddle time" instead of waking up, so he snoozes it and gets right to his duties.
- 7:05- My alarm goes off. I snooze it too... usually until 7:15. Sometimes Dahl gets up now to take a shower.
- 7:15-7:20- I drag myself out of bed, and if Dahl is still there, he does too.
- 7:15-7:30- CRUNCH TIME! We get dressed, pack gym clothes, pack lunch, make a protein drink for Dahl, and Dahl takes a shower if he hasn't already. All the while, I allow my alarm to continually go off so we can keep track of how many more minutes we have until we must leave. Dahl usually dances along to the alarms and tries to get me to dance along, too. What a goof! It's hilarious :)
- 7:30-7:35- We rush out the door, all the while assessing how early or late we are leaving, possibly scraping ice and snow off the car on the way.
- 7:30/35- 8:00- Dahl drives my to work very speedily. On the way, he stirs and drinks his protein drink. I put on make up, we chat and listen to the radio, and I read us some scriptures (we are trying to finish the Book of Mormon by the end of the year). I have to admit, we have never been the best at this, but now that it is part of our morning routine I love it! PLUS, we recently (as in over a month ago) got through the Isaiah chapters in 2 Nephi, which is AWESOME. No offense to Isaiah.
JK not that fast!
- 8:00 He kisses me goodbye, I tell him to have the best day ever(!), and I run into work so as not to be late!
Basically, I love mornings. Even though they are mornings.